When it comes to spicing up an outdoor space, we are used to the typical landscaping ideas of potting plants, adding a bush or a vegetation garden here and there.
But if you’re looking for an idea to give your outdoor space a bit more ‘pop’, we’ve got just the thing for that: walls and pillars, these appealing bits of flair will give your next hardscape project an element of stateliness and style.
Let’s check out how.
- Outdoor walls
In most cases adding or utilizing an outdoor wall is necessary to hold soil and rain runoff back. The thing is they can also add depth and deeper intrigue to an outdoor space. Whether you need to utilize an existing wall or are thinking of adding a new one, there are so many great ideas on how to achieve that. Simply incorporating a gorgeous and easy-to-maintain wall design into your space can make a huge difference.
From natural stone to concrete, several different materials can be used to create different-looking and functional outdoor walls.
When it comes to types of outdoor walls, the most common types are gravity and engineering walls.
- Gravity walls work by using the weight of a block of a material to hold the wall together and retain the soil.
- Engineered walls stabilize the soil.
- Outdoor pillars
Pillars easily integrate into any outdoor walls or stand on their own to enhance the entrance to your beautiful home. You can achieve the following by adding pillars to your outdoor space;
- Aesthetically pleasing: they can change a typical retaining wall system into a focal point of your landscape by adding stylish to an otherwise utilitarian outdoor feature.
- Consistency: with matching or blending colors, pillars can bring an element of consistency and togetherness to your landscape and tie the whole outdoor space together.
- Creativity: you can make your outdoor space an expression of yourself by incorporating pillars.
- Practicality: pillars can define your driveways or they can act as a mailbox for easy access on the way up to the house.
Feel free to build the outdoor space of your dreams. At Cat in a Hammock, we can help you with all your hardscape projects, from pavers, outdoor walls, and pillar designs, we are your hardscape experts serving the Thousand Oaks community.